Sunday, November 14, 2010

Songs About Wind

Hi guys,

SO I love the wind, and had this idea that I would compile a few songs together that are about just that! Just played a show with Ruthann Friedman and a couple other folks I like so much (Redeye, Fort King) at a most coolest place ever HM 157. I love Ruthann and this song is really really rad, especially her version. I mean, we've all heard The Association sing it....And the rest are some other songs about the wind that I think might be nice. I am from the Windy City so it's only appropriate.

PS The Bob Segar one down below is a link to a great live performance....there was no embed code but check it out it's grrrrreat

Peace&Hugs
Haroula Rose

RUTHANN FRIEDMAN "Windy"




CAT STEVENS "The Wind"



NINE SIMONE "WIld Is The Wind"



VASHTI BUNYAN "Come Wind Come Rain"



BOB SEGAR "Against The Wind"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi79wy97Wug

JULIE MILLER "Ride The Wind" (cover)

Found a beautiful, raw cover of this song that I love....



MUMFORD & SONS "Winter Winds"